Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital in offers a Partial Hospitalization Program for individuals in Tucson over the age of 18 who require more frequent and concentrated therapeutic treatment than conventional outpatient psychiatric programs offer. The program is designed for those who are struggling with mental health or a chemical dependence concern. Patients enrolled in PHP attend the program Monday through Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Lunch and free transportation for Tucson area residents is included.
Our Partial Hospitalization Program in Tucson is the perfect choice as a step-down transition following a behavioral hospital stay, or as an alternative to an inpatient care. The program is designed for people experiencing mental illness and/or chemical dependence. Programming is not one size fits all. Patients attend different groups based on clinical need. Patients return home each evening and must have adequate support and safety in their environment. The program aims to stabilize patients, improve function, and return them to their regular provider for continued treatment. Psychiatrists, master’s level therapists, and registered nurses make up the treatment team. Patients receive the following treatment components in our partial hospitalization program:
- Psychiatrists meet with patients weekly for individualized care which includes clinical assessment, diagnostics, and treatment.
- Master’s level therapists teach specific coping skills relevant to the group. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness and Trauma Focused Therapy Rational Emotive Therapy, Expressive Art Therapies, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy are the foundation of the program. The goal is to teach coping skills, emotion regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and distress tolerance.
- For those with Chemical Dependence, break away addiction-based programming includes education on the Neuroscience of Addiction, Stages of Recovery, and co-dependence.
- Registered Nurses lead groups promoting various mind body techniques, self-care, relaxation exercises, medication management and nutrition.
- Family groups are available for education and support
Please contact our Outpatient Clinic at (520) 399-8688; Admissions and Referrals Department at (877) 941-6946 to schedule an appointment for an assessment.
Sonora Admissions Inquiry
If you are unable to call Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, please use the form below to submit a confidential message to our admissions staff. We will get back with you as soon as possible.