At Sonora, the safety and well-being of our patients is always our main concern. Please abide by the criteria below when preparing for your time with us. Please note that at this time, masks are required for anyone entering Sonora Behavioral Health.
What to Bring
What Patients Should Bring to Sonora
- Storage space is limited, so please minimize items brought to the hospital.
- 2-3 changes of clothing. Clothing may not have inappropriate language, pictures or promote any gang affiliation. Clothing may not have strings or excessive metal decorations.
- 3-4 changes of full coverage sleepwear to be worn in bedrooms only.
- A sweatshirt or lightweight jacket.
- Athletic shoes, without laces. Velcro closure athletic shoes are recommended.
- Females must wear wireless bras. Sports bras are recommended.
- Slippers to wear in the hospital.
NOTE: Clothing that is excessively loose, tight or revealing will not be permitted.
What Not to Bring
Do NOT Bring
- Toiletry items – (Sonora provides toiletry items, including razors, for personal hygiene.) Not permitted are sponges, aerosols, mouthwash with alcohol and hand sanitizer.
- Weapons of any kind
- Cords, belts, suspenders, string or rope
- Excessive metal decoration, multiple zippers on clothing, or metal on hair bands
- Sharps, including metal, glass, ceramic or plastic. No razors, underwire bras, spiral bound notebooks, metal watch bands, pins, nail clippers, metal files, scissors or soda cans
- Jewelry, except for a single wedding band and a single pair of post earrings
- Alcohol or alcohol-containing liquids, drugs, tobacco, nicotine products or other smoking materials. No e-cigarettes
- Shoes or boots with steel toes or laces
- No hats, bandannas or sunglasses allowed in the building
- Plastic bags, bags with straps, or backpacks (luggage will be secured by staff)
- Electronic or battery-operated equipment (computer, iPod, electric toothbrush, cell phones, electronic games, curling irons, hair dryers, etc.)
- Writing utensils
- Musical instruments
- Outside food or drink (unless ordered or approved by staff)
- Stuffed animals, blankets or pillows
NOTE: For safety purposes, Sonora reserves the right to decide what items a patient may have in their possession during hospitalization.
Visitation for Family
Please note that there is currently no in-person visitation at Sonora Behavioral Health. Patients may make and receive phone calls at designated times.